Saturday 13 June 2009

New fashion isn't all that new... it's the 80ties all over again.


So... I and my friends went out to find a dress for my friend for her brother's graduation... And damn, what the hell is up with the fashions these days? As a person who wear what I like and don't really care about popular fashion I haven't kept up with what's "in" at the moment... and thank the Gods for that.

We started off by going to H&M which usually have SOMETHING nice to get (like leggings or whatever) and what do we see the moment we get into the store if not these HORRIBLE flowery granny dresses that make you look pregnant if you wear them. I mean WTF? All three of us just stared in horror at the dresses and then went into the store to see if it got better...

But it didn't.

As we got inside we saw even uglier flowery dresses and blouses... And the other stuff in there? 80ties is all I say.

Bloody 80ties! Piss-yellow skirts and shirts, horrible sparkly dresses with ugly prints on them... shit I saw my mother wear during the 80ties.

I am sorry, but the 80ties was a decade of fashion disasters. I mean seriously... 80ties shorts? *shudders* I saw a pair.

And back to the dresses... no matter what we tried on for my friend it looked like a pregnancy-dress. I felt sorry for her... eventually we figured out we would either go check out a second-hand store and if we didn't find anything there she would use an old dress she haven't used for a while and fit it for her. (she've lost weight ^^)

So she ended up using something she bought years ago.

I am thankful for not following the fashions and keeping to my own personal style.

No comments: