Saturday 20 October 2007

"Dumbledore was Gay." says J. K. Rowling


Yes, I can say I was quite happy to read this, Actually happy is an understatement... this sort of lifts up the utter crap that was the 7th book and makes it special. I mean, WHEN has a character in a children/young adult's book THIS popular ever been Gay?

LOL This will make those crazy Christians and other fundamentalists have a field day, but who the hell cares? I'm happy and so are thousands of her fans.

Anyway this is what was said...

One fan asked whether Albus Dumbledore, the head of the famed Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, had ever loved anyone. Rowling smiled. "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience errupted in surprise. She added that, in her mind, Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald, Voldemort's predecessor who appears in the seventh book. After several minutes of prolonged shouting and clapping from astonshed fans, Rowling added. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

Just this bit made me wonder where he's been living the past decade or so...

"I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

If she had looked on the web she would have KNOWN fans would die if they knew this. They would be beyond happy and run around being actually able to say "YES, he was bloody Gay, and it's Official!!"

I think this will make me happy all day actually.

DUMBLEDORE IS GAY!!

I need to celebrate!

No comments: